Studs made of diamond are great pieces of jewelry; they attract attention everywhere you go. However, you may end up with a pair of diamond studs that do not look so great because of the setting it is in. the people who design them do not know the best gemstones to pair with diamonds or which gemstones look great in which kinds of materials and settings.
By the time you finish reading this guide, you will have known the perfect diamond stud for you and the preferred settings to include in your collection. We shall also tell you:
- What is a diamond stud setting?
- The types of stud settings available
- How to find the best settings for your diamond studs
Before going any further, let’s go over a preview of the best diamond studs and settings you can find.
|1. IGI Certified Diamond Stud Earrings for Women||
|2. 1/3 ctw Certified Diamond Stud Earrings||
|3. Diamond Jewel 14K Gold Round Diamond Stud Earrings||
|4. Princess Cut Diamond Earrings||
|5. 1/2CT Black Diamond Stud Earrings||
This is a pair of two classic picks that make it very hard for you to go wrong with them. This set is made of a circular-cut diamond and the traditional 4 prongs to emphasize its function and fashion appeal.
This set makes it to the top of my list because it is high quality and not expensive, you will definitely get value for your money.
5 Best Settings for Diamond Studs
Here is a list that I compiled of the best settings you can choose when buying diamond stud earrings.
- IGI Certified Diamond Stud Earrings for Women
- 1/3 ctw Certified Diamond Stud Earrings
- Princess Cut Diamond Earrings
- Diamond Jewel 14K Gold Round Diamond Stud Earrings
- 1/2CT Black Diamond Stud Earrings
In this Guide
- Best Pick: IGI Certified Diamond Stud Earrings for Women
- 5 Best Settings for Diamond Studs
- What is a Diamond Stud Setting?
- Choosing the Best Settings for Your Diamond Studs
- Difference Between Diamond Stud Settings and OthervSettings
- Best Place to Buy Diamond Stud Settings
- Best Setting for Diamond Stud Earrings
- 1. IGI Certified Diamond Stud Earrings for Women
- 2. 1/3 ctw Certified Diamond Stud Earrings
- 3. Princess Cut Diamond Earrings
- 4. Diamond Jewel 14K Gold Round Diamond Stud Earrings
- 5. 1/2CT Black Diamond Stud Earrings
- Best Pick: IGI Certified Diamond Stud Earrings for Women
What is a Diamond Stud Setting?
A diamond stud set is the base of the earring that attaches to your ear. The setting also holds the diamond or gemstones comfortably in their grips. Diamond stud settings come in a variety of styles including:
- Prong settings that hold the diamonds with 3 or sometimes 4 prongs spread evenly around the sides.
- Bezel settings that hold the diamonds with a metal band that goes around the diamond.
- Martini settings are cone-shaped, it looks like a martini glass.
- Basket settings that are flat at the bottom with the diamonds put on top of the basket-shape.
- Crown settings are also flat at the bottom too but the diamonds are placed deep down in the crown.
As part of the setting, some earrings will have certain metal types like white and yellow gold or platinum. Platinum is very long-lasting and makes a good choice. Yellow gold metal is susceptible to scratching, bending and warping, and may get damaged as time passes.
RECOMMENDED: Solitaire Engagement Ring Settings
Choosing the Best Settings for Your Diamond Studs
When choosing the best settings for your diamond studs, you need to consider your personal style and preference. For example, you may wish to get a basket or prong setting because of their high visibility but you stand to the diamonds if the stud gets bumped or falls. On the other hand, bezel and crown settings are very secure but it will mean you compromise on visibility.
If you have to consider metal types, you need to look at color too. Bright colored metals go well with bright gemstones, natural diamonds or cubic zirconia will need more white gold or silver since they do not take over the colorlessness of the gemstone. Since we are interested in diamond stud settings, we shall choose silver settings.
Difference Between Diamond Stud Settings and OthervSettings
While the settings for diamond studs need not be flashy, they are crucial for showing the earring pieces. You can simply take them as important parts that the studs cannot survive without and ones that do a good job adding a statement to your fashion.
Best Place to Buy Diamond Stud Settings
Diamond stud settings can be gotten from almost anywhere, but the best place would be from a merchandised jewelry shop. It is easier to find the best settings at such a place since you can match the diamond to the settings on your own. Some people like to order settings online but this is not recommended unless you know the exact sizes and you can rest assured that the setting you pick will match the gemstones you have.
If you prefer to custom design your own studs, you should visit the jewelry retailer’s shop or order online from a licensed jewelry seller, they are known to accept custom orders.
RECOMMENDED: Best Place to Buy a Diamond Engagement Ring
Best Setting for Diamond Stud Earrings
I picked this set as the best because of its combination of setting and studs. The round cut elevated studs exude class and comfort and the 4 prongs tradition makes it even greater. This design makes the diamond high quality and appealing both from the front and the center. The base is a light touch of 14k white gold. This set is comfortable and comes accompanied by a gift box that you can use to gift someone. You cannot fail to make a statement with this fashion piece.
- Very comfortable
- Classic cut and prong style
- High quality diamond and base
- Diamonds not properly secured
This is also another great quality set. Just like the first set, this also features the traditional four prongs setting which holds the diamonds securely. The earrings are cut in a circle with each diamond designed by hand in New York. The post is made of 14-karat white gold. You do not have to worry about security as these studs have screws at the end.
- Diamonds are handcrafted
- Cannot be lost easily because of the security screws
- Great tight post style
- Looks plain
These diamonds feature the famous square “princess” cut which started in France. These studs have a crown setting that holds the diamonds perfectly. The studs are made using 14k gold, but their color combination makes the brilliance a little suppressed. If you want highly valuable earrings hanging from your ears, this is the way to go since the diamonds have high grades which when combined with the settings make a statement pair of studs.
- Crown settings are sturdy
- High-quality diamonds
- Vintage diamond cut
- Carry a high price tag
These are among the very high diamond quality studs put in a crown setting to highlight their visual appeal and value. The diamonds have zero inclusions and the setting does a good job bringing out this effect. The posts have a layer of 14k white gold that keeps the natural colorlessness intact. Furthermore, they come packed with a flashy white leatherette box.
- Great diamond quality and strength
- Appealing post and crown style
- Comes with a unique box
- High price tag
Finally, we wrap up the list with this black colored diamonds. They feature a post 14-karat white gold and the black color makes it look extra gorgeous. I specifically like the way each of the diamonds retains the sparkle despite the dark color. To make the diamonds more durable, they were treated using heat.
- Sturdy setting
- Cute black diamonds
- Heat treatment increases durability
- Black color does not fit all fashions
This is a round cut combined set in four prongs. It is a unique pair that makes the diamond stands out without extending it far over the top or overwhelming it. It is a perfect choice if you do not have strong leanings.
With this setting, you rest assured that the diamonds are safe. We hope that you have found this guide helpful. Remember to pair up your diamonds with settings that suit your personal preference.